Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Secret

CTEFL Certification: Check
Job Interview: Check
Job Offer: Check
Training: Check
First lesson: Pending

This means that I passed my grammar test and got certified. This means that I moved to Rome to find a job. This means that I found one. This means that tomorrow I start making money again!

Fortuitous: happening by accident or chance rather than design
Design: purpose, planning, or intention that exists behind an action, fact, or material object

So much that has happened has been both fortuitous and designed. Both have been amazing. I can't describe all of the events that I have witnessed in a matter of days. They would be meaningless to you. However, maybe I will just sum up how much I am meant to be here in one picture. I had just read my mom's email (remember her name is Kathleen) welcoming me to Rome when I stepped off the train and saw this:



I am meant to be here.

Fortuitous: finding common names in uncommon places
Design: living with Alison, who is able to understand me and able to encourage me. My, my do we laugh

Today I believe in the power of positive thinking, leaving the past behind, following Buddha's words and being in this moment. I believe in love, miracles, God, and truth. I believe in intrapersonal intelligence and the use of it to guide one's life. I believe in family. I believe in friends. I believe in not worrying. I have worried enough to last a lifetime. One man said "If the problem can be solved there is no need to worry. If it can't be solved worrying does no good."

Megan is back and better than ever. I really missed her.

love
m.jean

4 comments:

RACHAEL said...

YAY!!! you are sooo wonderful! i love you! and i'm so happy for you!! and love the fate of that sign and that you took it like that, because you should have. you are a GEM!!!!

Nicki Dunn said...

I am glad you are back and better than ever. Although I don't see how that is possible. About the sign, was it just some random sign for something else in the airport...? Or was it for you? I don't know, and I am done trying to figure it out. I guess from Rachy's comment I can assume it was just some random sign for someone else. (But really for you in the grand scheme of thing) XO

Ali Magz said...

Glad she's back. :-))) Princepessa.

Anonymous said...

MEGAN! I'm so happy for you!! I'm so excited that you are in Rome and making money and (from the sound of it) loving life right now. Love you.