Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sew-tacular!

I have been looking at Pinterest and the Cotton&Curls blog and it just made me rush to D.I. Which then made me get rid of some stuff. Anyways, I went in to get a large floral print something and came out with more stripes (counted up to 8 striped shirts already in my drawers/closet, tsk tsk.) Here is the before (I was already halfway through pinning when i remembered to take a before pic.


and now the after (photography by Lindsey-pie)




I love these shoes (straight from Italy) and the sand on the bottom. xoxo roma


So then I was going through stuff and you know what I found? Fabric. Specific fabric for Lindsey. Flashback to 2005 Christmas. I dragged Lindsey to the fabric section and had her pick out some fabric so that I could make her a purse. 6 years later I am pulling it out of a plastic bag. I got a FANTASTIC blue purse from D.I.


So I copied the pattern and finally made Lindsey's purse. I hope she likes it. I might have gotten a little carried away with the frill.




This is a tiny braided strap just for fun. I guess she can take off one strap or another if she wants to.



Thanks for attending this episode of SEW-tacular. Hope you enjoyed it!

4 comments:

RACHAEL said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm in love!!! that shirt is just unbelievable just like you. you are so beautiful and lovely. and those shoes are the most wonderful thing in the WAHURLD. never let those out of your sight. the purse is perf and i know lindsey will lalalove it. i miss you sooooooooooo much, why can't we have a craft day together? it's not fair.

Ashley said...

LOVVEEEEEEEEEEE your pants/top!!! you're SEW talented :) and the purse. i'm so sure you can just whip that out no big deal!!!! you go girl.

Linzvor said...

CUTE!! How sweet of you Megan! I love it <3 I don't remember that shopping trip though! How funny.

When are you going to post pictures of you in your sexy leather goodness?

Nicki Dunn said...

I am always amused at the spelling Rachypie can come up with. It's hilarious. The shirt looks amazing, as do the photographs as do YOU in the photographs. I wish I could sew. It is almost my greatest ambition at the moment- but I've no skills or time or resources. I'll live vicariously through your talent.

LOVE YOU!