Saturday, February 18, 2012

MJW as of late

HEY Y'ALL! I am back! I apologize for the really long absence. I MOVED!! After my long birthday post it was an endless slough of busyness. I moved out of Anna's house the first week of January. I finally got rid of my tineas corpus (i hate the generic term) which some of you know was a 4-month long trauma for me. I moved in with a coworker much closer to my job. I still take the bus (down to 30 minutes from 1 hour and 1/2 YAY!) but I am finally in the position to start saving money for a car. I just have one roommate and her cute dog, which is actually fun to have. So the point of all of this was to say that I don't have the internet in my new apartment. I have a smart phone now so I still have access, but I probably won't blog unless I come to the library. Other stuff: I stopped eating bread because it makes me sick, I am losing weight despite my 3 week birthday cake diet, I love my new ward and am playing basketball, I see Shanna whenever I can, I try not to talk about work outside of work because I feel too crazy, and I just made a new dress for my friend's wedding (one of the best weekends of my life!) Oh, and I am now 25. Prime of my life!

I know that proabably doesn't come close to the update some of you were hoping for, but we are now moving on to silliness.
I have learned the song Safe & Sound from "The Hunger Games" soundtrack. I have been obsessing over this song for a long time now. I know my voice is scratchy thanks to the cesspool I work in, but I had to post it before I saw another person bring it up on facebook. Because I don't want to be a spoiler of the story for some of you who have not read the series (Shanna, I am talking to you. Read 2 & 3) I will just say generally what I have said so eloquently and beautifully in my journal. Yes, I journal about this stuff.
I think this song was released way too soon. I think they should have saved it for the third movie. I think it captures the mood of the entire trilogy better than it captures Book 1. In my mind verse 1 is Katniss dwelling in the past. Verse 2 is Katniss singing to Prim. And then I think the end chorus is Prim singing to Katniss. I know I sound like one of those nerdy lumpkins right now who make up things in their mind and think they need to blog about it. Ok, I guess that is what I am. I have just never heard a song that I feel goes so well with the characters of the book. Anyways, I hope you like it and can hear past my vocal chords ruined from the constant coughing and hacking I do.





8 comments:

RACHAEL said...

you are the most beautiful and wonderful friend i have i think. i adore you so. this post was actually what i was hoping for and SO, SO, SOOoo much more. really. the song?! absolutely beautiful. and touching. and i adore it, fully. your voice is my favorite. it's so perfect. you're little one sentence updates are the funniest. no BREAD??!! is this megan whitlock i'm talking to?! how are you surviving? no BREAD?!?!! oh. my. goodness. you are so dedicated. i want to see you so bad. in the dress you are making. since i can't, will you post pictures of your beautiful dress?!!

I

LOVE

YOU

Unknown said...

I totally forgot to post the pc. I wil wear it tomorrow and take one with my phone and put it up. promise. Thanks love. The bread thing is ok. I really don't think it is permanent, but it was the only thing that helped.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

just right now i'm realizing i haven't seen you in like YEARS. years. you're looking extra beautiful these days (older and wiser is probably why). your voice has gotten more beautiful i'm almost positive. my first thought when listening to your sweet serenade? you should audition for the voice. you've seen that show right? if not, you would love it. you're perfect in my heart right now. i loved seeing you in this video. i love you forever <3 113 in my heart can never leave
p.s. did i mention how beautiful you are? i can't get over it. really. xoxoxo

Ashley said...

p.p.s. no bread?!!! dying. that is NOT happening. whyyy?! oh no.

Kathleen said...

whew! Beautiful. The song is perfect--as in the sense of completeness/integrity to the story. and you sing it well. (and your friends are wonderful...)

Lindsay Bjorn said...

Wait, are you living in Utah? What part? Kell is looking into a job in Salt Lake. Of course we'll be lucky to hear anything back because that's how the job market is these days, but that would be so awesome to live close to you! I haven't seen you since college and it kind of really makes me sick. Hearing you sing made me miss you even more :( But it was beautiful. Too bad about the bread. I picture that being your favorite food. It's like me not eating candy! Is it the gluten that gets to you? I think it kinda makes me sick too. Anyway, I'm so glad you posted. Needed it. Love you!

Nicki Dunn said...

Megan Jean. Beautiful Megan Jean.
Can we all go back and be 113 again for a week (AT LEAST!)??? Seriously. Your voice is summertime & grass & water & blankets & cookie bars & skirts & eyeliner & metalic swings & tennis at night & cooking together & laughing & funny brown sofas. All of that. It warms my heart like nothing else. I am homesick for us.
XOXOXO my love!