Friday, October 18, 2013

"Olow?" "Sir, I think it is 'Hello'!"

Once upon a time, there was a girl who assumed everywhere she went would have wireless internet.  She was wrong in Boise, Italy, and Salt Lake.  In each city, her apartment situations did not allow it (too many weird long stories including how one of my roommates told me before i moved in that I could use the neighbors like she did, then i found out after that she was lying and SHE could use the internet but i couldn't.  She was sooooo nice, she offered to let me use her computer but I was thinking "I have a computer, all I really need is a password.")   SO after almost 3 years of inconsistently having the internet, it is back.  I just moved in with my cousin.  She is pretty normal and wanted to share the internet cost DUH.  I keep trying to go to a friend's house to send an email, then I remember "HA!! I HAVE the internet!"

So what to blog first?  Well, the wedding dress pictures are not ready yet, so not that.  I don't have a boyfriend so not that.  I think I will just do another list.

1.  I always forget to do before photos.  I am too rushed to get a project done.  So my friend had this hideous dresser.  I knew I needed one, but I wasn't sure if I wanted a hideous one.  UNTIL I knew its purpose.  For months I have this itch to write on the walls the things I am grateful for.  I tried a gratitude journal, but something about closing the book puts it out of my mind.  I actually did write on the walls a couple of times.  It was awesome, but I had to paint over it later.  Boo.  I tried a cork board with cards.  But what I needed was a hideous dresser to paint.  Now I write all over it.  Filling it in is fun.


I know the writing is backwards.  WebCam shot.  But my favorite is the in the left upper part.  It says, "I really love chocolate."  

2.  I need to blog about work.  Maybe next time.  Prepare for an Autism post.  
3.  Maybe this should be number 1.  I just finished my grad school application.  Been thinking about that one for . . . . years.  Master of Social Work.  I might not know until May if i get in, so don't pay too much attention yet.  
4.  Need to share a profound thought (maybe i should let other people tell me they are profound . . .) So my "friend" shared this profound thought.  Read Ether 2:25 And behold, I prepare you against these things; for ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth, and the floods which shall come.  Therefore what will ye that I should prepare for you that ye may have light when ye are swallowed up in the depths of the sea?  

I am sure some of you have already thought what I just barely thought, but here it goes.  I read this thinking of the great things I am currently undertaking.  Some of them are so exciting and I have so much hope for their success.  But, I know there may be a point where I am swallowed up in the depths of the seas of discouragement, or selfishness.  Here the Lord is asking me, "Megan, what would you have me prepare for you now so that you may have light in the times you are swallowed up in discouragement?  What will get you through?"  I really don't know the answer to that question.  But, I can't stop thinking about it.  Think about it for you.  Maybe you can prepare now something that will bring light to you later, and if you can't the Lord can.  

Until next time (which might be soon because I have the internet around so I can just do it whenever)

love,
mjean.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A post from Megan!! Wow! So exciting :) happy to see the dresser! I don't find anything hideous about it! I like it and I like the one odd drawer puller. She's the quirky one of the bunch. (We know what that's like:) I'm except many more posts from you, miss! How is your apt? Getting settled in? Excited to keep updated, do you have an Instagram? You should start doing it, <3<3<3

Unknown said...

I read the blog name and was confused about what I was reading. "Who is this?...Oh it's Megan!" I love the dresser. What a fun idea! I can't wait to see what it's like once it's all filled in!

Unknown said...

yeah, linz, as we found out, friend's blogs are not always safe. it is from megamind. I have been saying it lately instead of hello.