Monday, March 15, 2010

Inspired By a Worlds' First




100% Compostable Chip Bag
The new SunChip bag has inspired me. Not unlike many others, I have felt pressured by the celebrity-provoked guilt trip on the subject of THE PLANET. I have read magazines and seen so much green propaganda that I began to hate the subject. I have tried not to be wasteful. I reuse stuff. I eat/use all the groceries I buy and leftovers. I make rugs out of scraps for crying out loud. However, the heavy saturation of green lectures made me feel so bad that I thought I was too tall to ever really be green. You see, being tall made me use more material. If I was short and skinny I wouldn't be so wasteful.
The good news is I only felt that way for a day. I decided just to do what I could do and not worry so much about all the really expensive stuff. Then came the chip bag. The 100% compostable (meaning you can grow your food storage with it) SunChip bag is the perfect example of how a company that decided to break ground by just being better. They have engineered the FIRST chip bag in the WORLD that can decompose. They didn't change everything about their manufacturing. They just wanted to make a difference by editing the packaging. The result is one tall, happy customer and a chip bag revolution.
Moments like this remind me of my graduation. As Elder Scott spoke I began to feel inadequate. I started having anxiety and anger because I wasn't perfect. Right then the Spirit spoke to me and told me I had my whole life to work on everything- one thing at a time. And that it would probably take my whole life to even come close. When the SunChip bag came out it kind of reminded me of that. Lift where you stand, find the middle way, work line upon line, baby steps, and every other statement that tells us we should be satisfied with sufficiency. Do your best every day to make this world a better place.

1 comment:

RACHAEL said...

how are SO cute &inspired by the compostable chip bag?
only sweet, devout megan would turn something like this is into a life/gospel lesson.
i love you for it.