Sunday, May 8, 2011

You Want Me to Get LOUD, I WILL GET LOUD. Don't you mess with me, I AM A MOTHER.

I know I promised more Colloseo but a holiday reminder took priority!

Can anyone name that quote listed as the title? I know one woman who can!

Mother.

So often I think of the many things she gave me.

Not only the wonderful food of home, sweet, home.
Not only the hours of reading Harry Potter, which gave me the animo to love my childhood with an undying zeal.
Not only the sewing lessons that have given my life purpose and joy.
Not only my favorite book, The Count of Monte Cristo.
Not only hours of driving to and from basketball practice and games.
Not only money to develop talents and hobbies.

I could go on forever about what she gave.

But my thoughts tonight are not only amazed at all she gives.

I think of the woman she is.

She is a strength to me.
She believes, she believes, she believes in me.
She is a woman to laugh with.
She is a woman to cry to.
She is compassionate.
She is empathic.
She is spiritual.
She is a mother.

SHE IS MY MOTHER! I love you so much Mommy. You have helped me so much in the most difficult times of my life. I have never questioned the path you have made for me and I am so grateful to be your daughter. I can't express at all what you have meant to me especially during the Italy project. Thanks forever.

I also want to say a quick word to the other amazing mothers I know. Happy Mother's Day Cindy, Susan, Reesa, Caroline, and Barbara! You have raised daughters that have shown me more charity, more laughter, more fun, more love, and more faith than anyone I have ever known. I love your daughters so much and I love the women who taught them.

Happy Mother's day to Jessica, Beckah, and Anna! I love you and think you are great mothers.

Happy Mother's day Ariel, Dove, Grandma M and Grandma B!



Love all of you!

Megan Jean

3 comments:

Arieliona said...

Love you Megan!

Linzvor said...

so sweet.


..heart and souls..just sayin

Nicki Dunn said...

So sweet Megan! I love you. I can't wait until I get to see you again. XO