Saturday, September 10, 2011

Right place Right time

What a wonderful life I live.  As you all know by now,  I suddenly got a job at a preschool in Salt Lake City.  It has been a whirlwind couple of weeks, but I am in the groove now.  Without details, I just set up snacks, different centers, take pottiers, change diapers etc for two year old kids.  I love it.  I don't want to do it forever, but I think I will be here for a year or two.  So that is work. 

Now on to life.  Well, nine months in Europe pretty much wipes you out financially, so my choices of where to look for work were limited to Boise and Salt Lake (free rent).  I really did try to make Boise work.  I love it there and I have great friends and family there. And honestly, I pray all the time that Lindsey and I can live in the same town again someday, as I do with all you girls.  For some reason, it just wouldn't work out.  And, my heart wasn't in it.  I think I just knew I would be safe there. 

So I get this time to be near SHANNA!! She is the best and I love her. And Anna, and Sofia, the most beautiful baby in the world.  Seriously.  Except she always smells like puke. 

As soon as I moved here, I just felt like I was where I am supposed to be.  It is so much more than a mental thing. It is just my privilege at this time to feel so whole and connected.  Everything feels like it is exactly the right place at the right moment.  I feel the chi all around me.  Every step I take is happiness.  When I run, I just have so much more energy.  I have no trouble sleeping (a first for me).  I am just so grateful to be me.  To be Megan Whitlock.  More than ever, I feel like I was supposed to struggle through this past year so I could learn serenity and happiness.  Often I think, "Italy was so much harder than this.  I can do this."  I can't describe it.  I will probably blab more to get my point across.  I wish I could imprint this feeling onto something tangible so you might all know.  But I am sure that you have all felt the same, so all of this really isn't necessary.  So here is to a new chapter, as I like to call it.  I can't wait to see what it brings. 

5 comments:

Ashley said...

to new chapters!!!! i'm so happy for you. being in the right place at the right time is such an inspiring and perfect feeling. i hope we can all be by eachother again someday too :) you always have a place to stay in boston (umm.... COME VISIT!!! :) ) i love you and am so happy for you <3

RACHAEL said...

you are the most precious. i am so happy for you and how guided you let your life be. if i wasn't so tired i would say something much more eloquent and inspiring, but you know it's there. ILOVEYOU!!! <3

Linzvor said...

Thanks to technology it's practically like we live in the same town!
We're going to be in Utah end of September..I'll keep you posted.

Nicki Dunn said...

uuuhhgg. i posted a comment forever ago. and now it doesn't show up? whatever. it went something like this:
so glad you are happy and life is treating you well. i love you SSOOOOOOOOOO much.

Lindsay Bjorn said...

Love it when life feels that way. And I love moving new places and starting new adventures. Exciting! What a fun/tough job. You will love it and be so good at it. So fun that you're by so many people you care about. Especially your little Sofia. Although, I cannot lie, I think Jovie the most beautiful baby. But, I am her mother, so I'm a little biased. She is dang cute though.