Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's all about . . .









GRE- DONE-ZO!!! BEST FEELING EVER! I wish all of you could have been in the car with me. After shaking, laughing, smiling, and sighing, Queen came on the radio to sing WE WILL ROCK YOU that transitioned into WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS. If you had been in the passenger seat you would have witnessed pounding on the steering wheel with the music loud yelling "YES! YEAH! WOOOH!" and so on. Screaming out only half of the words because I didn't know them all, I euphorically drove home.
I now have an even greater admiration and respect for Rachael Susan James Mulder. Taking that test was so painful. It took every ounce of dedication that I had to keep answering questions. RSJM=HEROINE of MJW- Darling I love you.

and now for the less admirable, and maybe even despicable, the rest of my thoughts that are bursting . . .

GLEE- Should this show be my life? Subtract the high school drama and the 21st century concerns of sexual orientation . . . ok subtract everything but the encouragement to sing for every new scene of life! I was really touched by some moments in the last episode.
Let him go Finn. And you really shouldn't be the male lead. You really can't sing. Too bad. You are now the minority- you were chosen only for your looks.
Kurt- You go girl. I never thought falsetto could be done well, let alone euphoniously.
Mercedes- you are beautiful. Can't stop loving your voice.
Jesse St. James- Could any voice be sweeter? Like honey, it lingers. It sticks to everything and I can't stop thinking "Is it me you're searching for?" It is amazing how fast I remember my fantasies of living in a musical. This reminds me to be certain to marry a musician. Vocally irresistable. I can't resist such a voice in a man.
Rachael- you will always be No. 1. Even when I don't like the songs that they have you sing, I think you are the best.
ARTIE- PLEASE LET HIM SING! HIS VOICE COULD CATCH CLOUDS AND PIN THEM DOWN
I wish I was Glee. I can't describe the desire this show has brought out of me to sing before all. Sad sad. Some dreams must be sacrificed so others may come true. :(

LOST- So sick of you. But also kind of intrigued by the character's knowledge of the alternate universes. However, J.J. Abrams- did you really have to go about time travel screw-ups using the same system as in Star Trek? You are creative. Maybe it was bad timing? Glad Jack has changed. I always hated his Do or Die attitude. If the Kwans end up unhappy I think I will cry every time I meet a Korean. They have to be happy after all that they have gone through. Love rekindled is the greatest power. Don't care about Kate. Don't care about Sawyer. Don't care about Jack. Really don't care about Ben Linus (even though I like his low key role now. He and Jack are parallel. Both tried to control everyone around them for so long. Now they have both given up leading and are learning how to follow. The puppet masters lost control of their marionettes and now lie entangled by the lines they once coerced. Idiots.) So sick of Lost.

CHUCK-Glad the Hannah fling didn't last long.

NCIS- Gibbs- I adore you. When you kiss Abby on the cheek I get so enamored. Best TV "he's the man" man.

BONES- For heaven sakes Brennan! You are denying yourself ultimate happiness. Subconsciously, you are very aware of this, which is why you draw closer to Booth through your partnership. You tighten your hold on that structure because it is a retracted form of what you could really have. BOOTH- I think I will name a son Seely. I don't know what it means, but it is pretty awesome.

PROJECT RUNWAY- I know you are over, but congratulations for the Lamest season ever. SO MAD that Maya quit (what better way to discover who you are as an artist than to be given four months with resources to start your own collection? HELLO). Disgusted that Mila went to fashion week & was almost considered the winner with her collection that walked straight out of Vogue 1994. Wishing I could see the rest of Jay's line, even though he dissed a beautiful model because she didn't like his clothes. Really indifferent to the winner. Whatever. I feel like Lifetime ruined one of the greatest reality shows EVER. Heidi needs a new stylist.

Now that I have got that all off of my chest I can slowly wean off of TV. See what happens when all of my best friends a)get married b) move to NYC c)go on missions? I have to find friends through the media and I randomly capitalize unnecessarily in my blog post. Now that I am finished with the GRE I can find friends the normal way, through Novels. YES YES YES

love love love
m jean

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, YAY ON THE GRE!! Now on to life 
And really, you prefer Jesse’s voice to Finn’s? I likes Finn’s waaaay better. But that’s ok. Best line – “Did you know dolphins are gay sharks.”
And I don’t think J.J. Abrams is to blame for the time travel stuff, I think he left season 2? But Jin and Sun finally together!!! That WAS a wonderful moment. I thought of you when it happened and how happy you must be to see them together, since every episode you would say something close to, “They better end up together…or else.” But yea, I don’t know where LOST is going.
And agreed. Project Runway—so so. Jay was so mean! “thick legs” something like that.

Unknown said...

REALLY? What? You like Finn's voice better? What? I mean, Finn is ok. But . . . his voice is so strained. Falsetto, weak, etc. I think his voice has a place in the world, just not next to amazing broadway voices (or next to Mercedes- she is kind of on her own). Everyone else has such quality and it was like he was just stuck in. And YES. I am in LOVE with Jesse's voice. LIKE SO IN LOVE WITH IT.

Unknown said...

Wait, is this one of those times you are trying to get a rise out of me? JIM HALBERT? Shoot, I already am thinking like Dwight! GAH!!

Anonymous said...

Ha. no. I really do like Finn's voice better. But you're right, it's not like the other Broadway voices and maybe that's why I like it. But I do really like Rachael's.

RACHAEL said...

YOU TWO!! always bickering about something. it's wonderful. i watched the first episode of glee &was not impressed, haven't watched it since. it's just not right to have a married man with some PSYCHO wife and the cute little fashionista redhead who adores him &everyone wants them to be together... but he's married&having a BABY. it's just not right.

and haven't watched any of those other shows, except of course project runway but not in a long time... i'm SO in alabama.

i do remember liking finn tho. i thought he was adorable.

GRE!!! DONE! i'm so proud of you. hopefully you will only have to take your test once and not three times like i did. it really is horrible isn't it? i'm sure you did awesome on it. you're a smarty.

loooveloveloveyou miss mags rags:].

Unknown said...

Lindsey and I were just discussing different viewpoints. This was one of the least bickering conversations, I thought. :) I actually didn't LOVE jesse's voice AS MUCH in this week's episode. I like Finn, I just don't think he is the best lead. However, now the others are getting more solos so it is good. And, here is the thing with Glee. It is a whirlwind. Sometimes it is so much a reflection of the world we live in today that it makes me upset. But it really makes me want to sing my heart out. They are really talented.
Don't get into any of the other shows. TV is a chain. I love it, but it never ends so it is always present. I am happy all of my shows are ending so I don't watch them anymore.
I did a good job on the test. Everything paid off and I feel really happy with how it all went down. I feel smarter too because i had to learn a lot of new words. BEST. It was so hard and that is why I am so proud of you for returning to it 3 times. WAY TO GO HERO!