Tuesday, October 19, 2010

One Month Later

Yes, today I have been in Europe for one month. I know I just posted, but I felt it was important to mark this day with a post (even if it is a boring one, I don't have time for heart & soul right now)

I feel like I have to apologize to everyone. I got a lot of worried calls/comments/emails after the last post. I have to say that I have FELT everyone's prayers on my behalf. I know it was your prayers that have set me in my new attitude. Nothing has changed, but everything has changed. I made no effort to change my attitude, but it is changed. I feel a fresh and new start coming on and I can honestly say that I know it was your prayers that made it possible. I have always been a little too vocal with my complaints (and I will probably think twice before blogging about them again to save you all a little worry). Thank you for having me in your thoughts, all of you are in mine.

So one month later I have rededicated myself to the cause. Starting today, learning Italian is my number two goal. The number one goal is to follow my mother's wall quote: "Put God first & all other things will fall into their proper place or drop out of your life." My scripture study has been a great comfort to me for my entire life. I want to memorize the articles of faith in Italian.

I am going to try to eat out somewhere in this next month (this has been hard to do because my lunch & dinner time is spent with the family). I want to do some more shopping to prepare for the cold that is coming. And I will continue my once-a-week gelato regime. I think in November I will be able to go to the Switzerland temple to do baptisms for the dead. Also, this Sunday is the ground breaking for the Rome Temple! I will once again be on the same continent as President Monson. In my mind, I meet him in Rome and he tells me something cool about my life and gives me a special assignment to work on while I am here. But I will be watching via satellite like everyone else. Sono contenta.

Like I said, this was an extremely boring post and I write it apologetically. But if you really want to share something with me today look up one of my favorite songs on you tube called "The Man That Got Away" by Judy Garland from the movie A Star Is Born (sad show). It is magical. The passion. The voice. The song I would sing next if I were on Glee.

Here are some pics of stuff:

This is a Gothic church in Chieri, the town that is my lover.
This is a castle on the Po. You walk around a park one day and happen upon a castle. It could almost be a book like The Magic Attic Club.
I just think this one is so weird. In case you are wondering, yes, the priest IS holding the leg of the horse. I wonder what he is saying: "Hey, you dropped this. That is ten hail Mary's and forty push ups."

This is another castle on the Po & this one is a University. I am not going to lie, I wish I went to school in a castle. I just know that my Hogwarts letter got delayed . . .
I just like these bridges.


I love you.

Megan J.

8 comments:

RACHAEL said...

you are SOOO beautiful, like GORGEOUS in that picture. i just aDORE you!!!! and do you even realize that you have the BEST, most fun and wonderful goals in the whole WORLD??!!

your goals are:
1. eat out in italy
2. eat gelato in italy once a week
3. go to the TEMPLE in SWITZERLAND
4. have a special experience with president MONSON while he is in your country!!!
5. go SHOPPING in ITALY!!!!

i can't get over it. you have the B E S T L I F E E V E R !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm jealous. considering my goals are:

1. write a paper about nursing
2. go grocery shopping at walmart
3. not get abducted by scary black men

but i'm not complaining, i love my life too.
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anna Morales said...

There. I watched the performance of The Man that Got Away. I really do love that song, well, with her singing it. I am not worried about you one bit, just so you know. Not to say you're not on my mind, but you have always had something to complain about and lived to see a new something. :) Do the blunt Italians ever approach your so called blunders with humor? They might be trying to be funny... you never know. Adrienne said that's just how the Italians are, blunt. We love you muy mucho! Saludos a tu familia Italiana y Francesa.

Linzvor said...

You do NOT live in that yellow house!!! No way!!! So in Trevor parent's home, in their kitchen, they have a big painting of a yellow house with warm sunlight shining through the tree leaves. And I always just stare at it wishing to visit that place...and now I find that you LIVE THERE!!!! That's really cool. Next time I'm out there I'll take a picture so you can see how exact this really is.

Ashley said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that last picture?!!! the most beautiful! i'm obsessed. i'm so glad your finding comfort in the small things and keeping things in perspective. i'm sure it's hard to be out there all on your own but it sounds like your doing a spectacular job. now go live it up girl!!!

Unknown said...

you guys are way too kind. i actually hated that pic but it was the latest . . . it is hard to take pics of yourself

Kathleen said...

Hey Megan--are you knee-deep in the Po?

(I know, my comments are not what anyone wants to read, let alone expect to find on an anyone can read it blog...)

Kathleen said...

Beautiful pictures by the way. It is a wonderful place.

Arieliona said...

Darn you Megan. You're making me stay up sooo late because I'm captivated by your blog. Ahhh I need to go to sleep! I love your blog. Stop it.