Thursday, December 23, 2010

113 were faithful

11 pipers piping were the 11 faithful disciples. Reading that made me think of one of my favorite Ammon moments, I have a lot. I like to pretend he was my teacher in the preexistence. I think we have a lot in common.

After years of being separated by missions of life, two best friends (out of a group of best friends) found each other again, remarkably, in the jungle.

16And it came to pass that as Ammon was going forth into the land, that he and his brethren met Alma, over in the place of which has been spoken; and behold, this was a joyful meeting.

17Now the joy of Ammon was so great even that he was full; yea, he was swallowed up in the joy of his God, even to the exhausting of his strength; and he fell again to the earth.

18Now was not this exceeding joy? Behold, this is joy which none receiveth save it be the truly penitent and humble seeker of happiness.

19Now the joy of Alma in meeting his brethren was truly great, and also the joy of Aaron, of Omner, and Himni; but behold their joy was not that to exceed their strength.

More than finding each other, they found each other faithful. I have always regarded this story as a portrayal of how I feel about my friends. We have gone our separate ways because, honestly, I really think the world needs us to be spread out a little. Otherwise, our amazingness would overpower wherever we live. I feel like we have missions all over the world to accomplish. My dears, when we meet again, we will meet each other as faithful disciples of Jesus Christ. Let us be penitent and humble seekers of happiness, that we might fully feel the magnitude of God's grace when we see each other again.

I truly love you. You know who I mean. 113.

<3 megan jean <3

2 comments:

Nicki Dunn said...

Love it.
Love you.
Thinking you you this Christmas MJW! Peace & love & blessings!!!
113 forever.

RACHAEL said...

we really are so special. i was telling my coworkers last night about how i lived with five other girls and they just couldn't fathom it... and i was just telling them that we are all best friends and it was just perfect and the most fun ever. they didn't understand.

<33333