Monday, December 20, 2010

7 Swans a swimmin

Once again, a favorite of my mom has become my favorite. I only saw the movie once, but I liked it. I thought it was so beautiful. Even more, I loved Josh Groban's song. I know he is Jewish, but he has touched my heart with some of his Christmas songs. :)

You can listen to the wonderful magical book here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/online-storytime-books-toys/379002381/?r=1&IF=N&cm_mmc=FindeBookReaders.com-_-k223788-_-j34060122k223788-_-Online%20Storytime%20program

I love The Polar Express so much. I think it reaches beyond Santa Claus. I think the song is perfect. Please copy and paste this link to hear it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn0_I_GDGpg&feature=related

The 7 swans represent the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

D&C 46:14

14 To others it is given to believe on their words, that they also might have eternal life if they continue faithful.

I have been asked, "How do you know?" "What does God sound like when he speaks to you?" "Why is he a man?" "No body can know, so I think religion is a waste of time and it causes a lot of problems." I have thought a lot about these questions. No, I can't take someone back in time and show them every moment that I felt the Spirit. I can't prove to them that I know what I know. I can't show them what I have learned. A life time of faith, a life time of believing, has been rewarded by private confirmations of the Holy Ghost. We first have to believe, the first principle is faith. When you believe, miracles--even small ones like establishing a testimony--happen. I have thought about the difference between myself and other people that I grew up around. Some have fallen away. Some only obey what their parents believe. Some live life halfway, a little for the world and a little for God. What I have always realized, despite similarities and differences between how we were raised, is this: From the time I was a child I have invested time into believing.

Believe in Jesus Christ. Believe in good people everywhere. Believe in the Book of Mormon. Believe in Joseph Smith. Believe in prophets of every dispensation, and in prophets today. Believe in your loved ones. Believe in God. Believe in yourself.

No comments: